From the Frying Pan into the Jacuzzi: Gourmet Recipes for a Gourmet Relationship
Vern Bradley, LMFT
This seminar will provide participants an experience of relationship. We will begin by taking the twenty pieces of juice "fruit" or "knowings" from the book, "From the Frying Pan to the Jacuzzi, Gourmet Recipes for a Gourmet Relationship" and apply them to the various relationships we are experiencing at the moment in the meeting room. From there, we will apply those discoveries to our personal experience of relationship with our significant others. AND then we will look at what’s happening for the couples we work with in our practices. In particular, we will use the seminar experience to sort out just what it is that is keeping our couples from moving to that developmental “place” the book refers to as interdependence, and if there is anything we are doing or not doing in our interventions that is either hindering or fostering their movement.
The seminar will be paced so there will be sufficient time for questions and actual case presentations.
1. Participants will learn a developmental model of relationships
2. Participants will have an opportunity to apply the model to the relationships they are experiencing in the meeting room
3. Participants will have an opportunity to apply the model to their personal relationships with significant others
4. Participants will have an opportunity to apply the model to the couples in their practices
5. Participants will have an opportunity to assess, according to the model, how effective their interventions are in supporting couples moving to a developmental “place” of interdependence
Vernon Bradley is in private practice in Yucaipa, California as a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist. He has recently authored the book, “From the Frying Pan to the Jacuzzi: Gourmet Recipes for a Gourmet Relationship.”