Imago Couples Therapy, Part II: Keeping Your Cool in the Eye of the Storm
In our second look at Imago Relationship Therapy and Theory, we will be including a look at the work of Hedy and Yumi Schleifer, who have enriched and expanded the art of working with couples through their experience, creativity, and genius. Come enjoy the rich work of Imago via movies and experiential learning, as developed by Harville Hendrix and Helen Lakelly Hunt, and complemented by Hedy and Yumi Schleifer. The following material is included for your development and growth as a therapist.
· To provide a conceptual reframing of relationships
· To shift couples to “dissolving” rather than resolving problems
· To develop a deeper understanding of the purpose and dynamics of intimate relationships
· To learn new connection skills, via demonstration
· To assist couples in envisioning the relationship of their dreams
Doreen Van Leeuwen is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, certified Imago Relationship Therapist, and relationship coach serving the Inland Empire. She loves working with couples! For the past ten years, she has worked with hundreds of them to help restore intimacy. When you feel frustrated in your work with a couple, or in your personal relationship, and you think to yourself “There’s GOT to be a better way!” contact Doreen.