NOTE: This event is scheduled from 8:30-12 on the same day and location (different room) the October seminar on EMDR will be taking place. If you are registered to attend the seminar, you must be in attendance for the full 2 hours from 9-11 a.m. in order to receive CEU credit. The Authors Gathering will be available 1/2 hour prior to the seminar and a full hour afterwards for seminar attendees. Anyone else is free to attend the gathering anytime between the hours of 8:30 and 12.
THIS IS A FREE EVENT!
IE-CAMFT is proud to welcome both Authors and Program Providers to display information on their products, (books, CEU’s trainings, etc.). We are excited to see the body of work our local clinicians are producing. You may want to consider adding to your library, and/or holiday shopping for others.
New this year: bring a (gently) used field-related book and swap with others.
Who will be there:
Carol Adkisson: Written from the perspective of a patient and clinician, Recovering My Life – A personal bariatric story is a raw reflection of weight loss using bariatric surgery as a tool. The book explores the emotional reasons for compulsive overeating and reveals the rarely shared truth from this writer’s perspective.
The companion book, Recovering My Life – Your Story – guides the reader through the process of discovering how their relationship with food negatively affected every aspect of their lives. The workbook/journal brings them face-to-face with how they used food to mask their emotional brokenness.
Stefanie Sherbon: Stefanie is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Registered Play Therapist, and has been providing child therapy for over 10 years. She will be presenting therapeutic games for kids and teens that address: abuse/trauma, divorce, body image, separation anxiety, and parent/child separation due to immigration issues. Sandtray miniatures to help client's express themselves will also be available.
Dr. William Shearer: book "Mindful Choices for Well-Being"
Jill A. Johnson-Young, LCSW: ‘Your Path through Grief”, a full year program of support and recovery from grief.
- “Your Own Path Through Grief”
- “Someone I love just died, what happens now?”
- “Someone I love is sick- what happens now?”
- “My pet is sick: it's time to say goodbye”
Sherry Shockey-Pope: Therapist Practice in a Box. Program: Let's Get Your Private Practice done! (12-week coaching)
Sherry Shockey-Pope, LMFT is the founder of Therapist Practice in a Box design to help graduate students, newly-licensed practitioners, or anyone who wants to build a successful private practice the first time. She provides the support and coaching you need. Her attitude of “let’s get it done and stop talking about it” approach has helped many struggling clinicians. She is the cheering squad you need to build that successful practice. She is passionate about helping and teaching others how to build a private practice. Therapists Practice in a Box is the graduate school program on business practice building that you never had. Her website Therapistbox.com has many other helpful resources for clinicians.
Lolita M. Domingue: Emotional Transformation Therapy is an interactive ecological psychotherapy originated by Steven R. Vazquez, Ph.D. in the 1990’s. It is a synthesis of attachment-based interpersonal therapy that is radically amplified by precise visual brain stimulation: the light enters the eyes and photosensitive cells convert it into neural impulses. Many of these impulses affect parts of the brain beyond the visual cortex to control thoughts, emotions, and physical symptoms. By selecting precise forms of visual brain stimulation, the neural impulses are directed to rapidly change the parts of the brain responsible for the client’s disturbance.
Holli Kenley: Author, Speaker, & Workshop Presenter. Learn about Holli’s workshops, assemblies, and presentations!
Holli Kenley works in the field of psychology as a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Author, and Workshop Presenter.
1. "Daughters Betrayed By Their Mothers: Moving From Brokenness To Wholeness"
2. "Power Down & Parent Up: Cyber Bullying, Screen Dependence & Raising Tech Healthy Children" How can we navigate a tech-driven world and raise tech-healthy children? Help is here! “Power Down & Parent Up” provides parents/guardians with effective strategies to integrate into their lives and their children’s. Real power comes in being informed!
3. "2nd Edition Breaking Through Betrayal And Recovering The Peace Within". Have you experienced rejection or abandonment? Has your trust been violated? Have your beliefs or truths been shattered? Are you feeling confused, worthless, and powerless?
4. "Another Way" - a novel. This novel is for tweens – teens. And it is for parents, guardians, youth leaders & counselors – As our children confront at-risk social behaviors such as sex, drugs, and alcohol, would you like a safe tool to have non-judgmental conversations about these issues? A guide to help navigate the culture and challenges that your children face? A healing pathway for your children to begin again if they stumble and fall? Then, get ready to get empowered! There is “Another Way”!
5. "Mountain Air: Relapsing and Finding the Way Back....One Breath at a Time". In her memoir, Holli Kenley shares her personal narrative of emotional relapse and her powerful recovering journey. “Mountain Air”… Is 12-Step compatible. Addresses recovery from any kind of relapse. Unlocks the shame within relapse. Provides healing and hope!
1. Internet Addiction & Screen Dependence
2. Human Response To New Technology
3. Cyber Bullying & Bullying
4. Betrayal Recovery
5. Proactive Parenting
Patrick Poor will provide more information regarding training for Trauma Conversion Therapy.
We hope you will pay us a visit!
For further information, please contact:
Ilse – Membership Chair – at 909-945-9947 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Adkisson – President – at 909-693-3177